Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Importance

"What is the most important moment in your life?"

A question that I was asked recently that left me completely speechless. How am I to choose just one moment? 

I have been alive for 10,164 days...that's 243,948 hours...which means I have been alive for 14,636,930 minutes (and counting). HOW AM I TO PICK JUST ONE? Should I pick the first breath I ever took or the day I held my first child?

So today I wanted to share a few of my most important moments/events with you. They are in no particular order of importance...but these things are the moments in my life that made me into the person that I am...

May 8th, 2008....the moment I heard my first born child's heart beat for the first time. This is a moment that took my breath away! In an ultrasound room all by myself I fell in love with this little life I was carrying inside of me! 


December 6th, 2008 6:22 pm I held the most perfect seven pound baby boy in my hands for the first time! I counted his fingers and toes a hundred times and I worried that the hair on his ears wouldn't fall off! I dreamed of what his laugh would sound like and couldn't wait to hear him call me "mommy"! I welcomed my first born child, Bryson Reid, into the world...


November 18th, 2011 Danny and I found out that we were expecting our first baby together! I think this is the biggest I have EVER seen Danny smile!


December 8th, 2011 is the day that Danny and I heard Houston's heart beat for the first time. We both cried. This was the day that I realized that my heart was big enough to love Bryson, Danny, and now Houston! 


May 1st, 2012 I promised forever to my best friend. Danny and I got married at the beach...just us and Bryson. We wrote our own vows to each other and we exchanged vows with Bryson. While I wish I would have shared this day with our parents, I loved the memory and the sentimental value that just us being there had!



July 11th, 2012 I endured the worst pain of my life (natural child birth) and at 10:43 AM I held the most perfect 6 pound 12 ounce baby boy in my hands. My heart sank as his face begin to turn blue and they rushed him to the nursery. Thankfully his breathing was FINE he was just extremely bruised from the super fast and dramatic entrance into the world. This was the day I welcome my second son, Joshua Houston, into the world...


December 28th, 2012 I met Memphis for the first time. I blogged about the importance of Memphis in our lives a few weeks ago. She plays a huge role in our family and now we can't imagine life without her!


March 31, 2013 the day that Danny and I lost our second child together. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't stop and wonder what that child would have been like or if it would have been a girl or boy. This is a day that changed our lives.

How do I narrow my life down to the "most important"...I have celebrated with all of my friends on their wedding days and the births of their children.  I have watched my husband go from banker to self employed. I have helped my boys take their first steps and watched them take their first breath. My life is full of so many joyous moments, and so many heart breaking moments. Each of them have changed me and made me into the person I am today. 

If you were asked what the most important moment of your life is...how would you answer?










No comments:

Post a Comment